Major flooding in your home after a storm? Here’s what to do.
If your home has been flooded after a major storm, knowing what to do and who to call after a flood occurs in your home is critical to minimizing water damage and costly repairs.
Timing is the most important factor. Water spreads quickly and is absorbed into the walls, floors and furniture in your home. Wood, upholstery and other surfaces can be permanently ruined if water removal efforts are not started as soon as possible.
If flooding happens in your home, call a professional water damage cleanup and emergency restoration company right away… before further damage occurs.
At ServiceMaster of Midland/Orillia, we are flood and water damage restoration specialists. We provide 24/7 emergency restoration services for flooding in basements caused by heavy rainfall and extreme weather. We have the resources to respond immediately, with the expertise and specialty equipment required to professionally remove excess water and begin the water damage restoration process
You can count on us to quickly and efficiently remove floodwater from your basement and begin the drying processes right away. We use professional-grade air movers and dehumidifiers to ventilate the area and take away the excess moisture. We will also clean and sanitize the affected areas to prevent future growth of dangerous mould.
When heavy rain and extreme weather causes flooding in your home, call the professionals at ServiceMaster of Midland/Orillia. With one call, we're at your side providing expert guidance on what to do and the resources and know-how to fix the problem fast. And throughout the process, we strive to minimize disruptions, answer all your questions, and guide you every step of the way.
ServiceMaster of Midland/Orillia takes pride in Restoring Peace of Mind® by providing professional residential flood and water damage restoration services to homeowners. We work directly and collaboratively with our customers to provide outstanding results. We will guide you through the restoration process to your home, every step of the way. Day or night, we are available to take your call 24/7, every day of the year.
The experts at ServiceMaster of Midland/Orillia work to get the job done right and stay by your side until you are satisfied with the results.
When the unforeseen happens, call the flood and water damage restoration professionals at ServiceMaster of Midland/Orillia right away.
Emergency Tips for Flooding At Your Home.
Whenever water damage occurs in your home, here are some things you can do to help with the water restoration process.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping
- Do not use a regular vacuum to try and remove water
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe dry location
- Keep books on book shelves. Pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin specialized drying
- Open drawers, closets and cabinet doors to enhance drying